Ay Nik PTFA are an association of parents, teaching staff and interested people in the local area who would like to support our school and children. Currently we have a dedicated group of people who give freely of their time and energies in order to help raise funds for school needs.
For almost 20 years, the PTFA have been organising events such as the Easter Extravaganza Fun Run, The School Easter Egg Hunt, The Summer Garden Party, Family Bingo, the Christmas Fayre and many more. We also have a number of regular helpers who run a weekly tuck shop stall for the children.
PTFA events run throughout the year and are a great way to meet others, have some fun and help raise some much needed funds for the school and its pupils. The proceeds from all events held are given to specific projects within the school or to charities of special interest to us. Examples of how money has been spent in previous years are:
- Annual children’s gifts from Santa
- Library books
- Y6 Leavers dictionaries and/or gifts
- Y6 Leavers end of year farewell meal
- UKS2 residential visit
- School visits
- Paddling pools and resources for Armed Forces Day
- Swimming pool treats and use of inflatables
- Team strips to be for football, hockey, running and rounders teams
- Christmas trees and decorations
- Fees from visiting artists and crafts people
- Resources for our Goodness Garden
- Cost of materials for our Remembrance sculpture
- Iced treats on Sports Day
- start up grants for local groups (e.g. Ay Nik Brownies)
We are always looking for extra help with events – so do please volunteer if you would like to get involved. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please contact a member of the committee. Committee members’ contact details are provided in the Friends’ Directory.
News from Ay Nik PTFA will be updated via the school newsletter.
Recent fundraising has been spent on: Transition Bears for leavers, School trips, ice cream on trips, a new school camera, gifts for the children from Santa and a contribution towards payment for the children’s Christmas meal at the Mess.
Money has been requested by the new school council/task group for their various ideas and many things are in progress!
Chair of Ay Nik PTFA
Guy Watkins Chair
Heather Latham Treasurer, Parent/LSA
Lucinda Heywood Parent/Teacher Representative
Debbie Gannon Parent
Teresa Richards Parent
Tiffany Boatwright Parent
Easter Fun Run raises over £1500 for ‘Stand Up to Cancer’ Charity